What does the future of education look like, where should we be investing and who are the key stakeholders?
In this episode of Art of the App Podcast, Jessica Millstone shares her views on the future of education as well as insights on education trends and how she set up her venture fund. Some of the talking points Jessica and I go over in this episode include:
- How Jessica got her start in educational technology and her career journey over the years.
- Decoupling of school and education and the role both parents and teachers have in education going forward.
- How the pandemic has shifted the value we hold in standard education and the value in which we hold our teachers.
- Reevaluating what the physical place of school means for children beyond education — highlighting how it benefits our youth with meals, relationship building, and a safe place to be looked after.
- The Data for Good Movement - feeding users’ data back to them for their own benefit.
- The importance of investing in women-founded companies.
- How to start a venture fund with no finance background.
- How technology has helped democratize investing through things like rolling funds.
Be sure to tune in to all the episodes to receive inspiration from founders and investors shaping the future.
Thank you for listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag me! And don’t forget to subscribe, rate and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
CONNECT WITH JESSICA MILLSTONE
Twitter- Jessica Millstone
Twitter- Copper Wire Venture
CONNECT WITH MICHELLE CHERIAN:
Free Gift: Checklist for Creating an App with Superfans
Work with Michelle Cherian